Audio and video issues on Workplace live
Your live video feed may drop due to an encoder failure or poor network connectivity. If your live feed drops, you have two to three minutes to reconnect to the original stream URL that you generated for your live post. Otherwise, you'll have to generate a new Stream key and URL to continue your live stream.
Learn how to broadcast live video on Workplace.
Audio distortion can occur when Workplace receives a video stream with distorted audio or after it has received the frames before re-encoding for broadcast.
A possible reason for this type of error is if the bitrate used is higher than the connection between your broadcasting endpoint and what Workplace servers can sustain. If that happens, or if there's a packet lost, some of the video or audio track won't be received correctly and will result in audio distortion.
Video format guidelines
You can also ensure that your video follows these formatting guidelines:
- Recommended max bit rate is 4000 Kbps (4 mbps).
- Max: 720p (1280 x 720) resolution, at 30 frames per second.
- An I-frame (keyframe) must be sent at least every 2 seconds throughout the stream.
- Titles must have fewer than 255 characters or the stream will fail.
- H264 encoded video and AAC encoded audio only.